Alkyonides Villas in Rethymnon
Alkyonides Villas are conveniently situated for sightseeing in Crete. Being centrally located, these villas in Rethymnon are about 2.5 Km away from the highway running west to east along the island’s north coast. Their location provides easy access to the many historic archaeological sites around Crete, (Knossos Palace being the most famous) and the numerous beaches on both the north and south coasts. Alkyonides villas is the ideal place for your family and friends to set off for your excursions in Crete.
Rethymnon is a historic city of great significance! You will discover marks from every historical period -from the Renaissance and Venetian to the Ottoman- in buildings scattered around the city. The modern culture of Rethymno is also apparent in every step; there is no doubt as to why Rethymno is named the “City of Education and Arts”.
Crete is a beautiful island of a thousand-kilometer long coastline with numerous bays and peninsulas, offering a variety of mild, sandy beaches along the Aegean or the Mediterranean seas. These beaches are among the most beautiful in the world and thus make the island one of the most popular destinations in Europe.
Access the villas in Rethymnon
Both Chania and Heraklion airports are at almost the same distance to the villas in Rethymnon, Xiron Chorion
Chania airport 75km away from the villa
Heraklion airport 82km away from the villa
The airports are approximately 1 hour and 10 min. drive away from the villas.
(Click on the place name to get directions)
- 3 km to the nearest beach, restaurant, shops, supermarket etc.
- 5 km to all amenities at the centre of Rethymno city (bakery, supermarket, ATM, doctor, shops, restaurants, nightlife)
- 5 km to the Heraklion Hospital
- 75 km to Chania airport and 82km to Heraklion airport
- 81 km to Heraklio town
- 80 km to Knossos archaeological site
- 69 km to Chania town
- 40 km to the South coast sights and beaches (Plakias, Souda, Preveli, Damnoni)
- 104 km to Omalos Plateau and Samaria Gorge
- 140 km approx. to the sites of Paleohora, Elafonissi, Balos, Gramvousa, Sougia