https://cretevillas.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/lighthouse-1182653_1920.jpg 1440 1920 Irene Tsompanaki https://cretevillas.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/AlkyonidesLogo-OK-m.jpg Irene Tsompanaki2016-04-18 13:48:102020-10-04 15:29:01The Old Town of Rethymno
The Old Town of Rethymno
After dark, the Old Town of Rethymno is the point from which all walks begin and end.
The number one attraction and the favorite activity of every visitor of the city is the endless wandering in its cobbled street network.
Rethymnon’s worth visiting sights:
- The lovely Venetian Rimondi Fountain, with water springing from three lion head-shaped water basins
- The Historical and Folklore Museum housed in a beautiful Venetian mansion
- The Turkish school of 1796 with its beautiful square
- The impressive church of San Francesco and
- The Mosque of Gazi Hussein Pasha, today housing the Rethymno Conservatory of Music